Last Updated: 2.12.18
- Information You Provide to Us
1.1. Information Provided by Consumers
- Registration and Profile Information. When you sign up for ThirtyK as a Consumer, you provide your name, phone number, and other information you may provide in your profile, such as gender and birth date. If you sign up using your Google account, we receive your name and email address.
- There is no payment from Consumers to ThirtyK. There is however the need to ensure that Consumers may use ThirtyK’s system for discounts or incentives but are ultimately beholden to the Merchants fee structures and cost of goods purchased.
1.2. Information Provided by Merchants
- Profile Information. A Merchant who signs up for our Platform provides us with the business’s physical address, hours, and product information.
- Payment Information. We may receive Merchants’ bank account information to provide payment. Merchants will need to provide a credit card that is secured by a third party and no data is kept on our servers. Merchants will be charged transaction fees to their credit cards or ACH at point of balance settlement which is weekly.
1.3. Information Provided by All Users
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Consumer Support team, we will receive your name, email address, and the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect
2.1. Information We Collect From Your Device With Your Permission
- Location Information When Using the App. In order to facilitate in-store registration and offers from Merchants, we need to know where are located. We receive a Consumer’s location information when you open the ThirtyK app as well as when you initiate a transaction. We also use location information for analytics purposes.
2.2. Information We Collect When You Use Our Platform
- Device Information. We receive information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, unique device identifiers, and, if you register with your Google account, your Google identifier.
- Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, the products you search for or purchase, and the dates and times of your visits, to help us understand how you use our Platform, help us improve our Platform, and provide you information about our Platform and our Merchants.
- Communications. When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other ThirtyK and Merchants. You can manage some of your messaging preferences here, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from ThirtyK. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from ThirtyK or through the Platform, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Platform, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Platform. If you send or receive messages through the Platform via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a Merchant, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
- User Feedback. After a transaction, we may share any feedback or comments that we receive from Consumers with Merchants.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties
3.1. Information We Receive About Consumers
Transactional Information. If you initiate a transaction through the Platform, such as a purchase, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
- How We Use Information We Collect From Users
4.1. Uses of Information Collected from All Users
We may use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote our Platform;
- Analyze how you use our Platform;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Facilitate transactions, deliveries, and payments;
- Respond to customer support questions;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to any issues that may arise during transactions.
4.2. Additional Uses of Merchant Information
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Merchants to notify them about orders and for other administrative and marketing purposes, including via text message, push notifications, phone calls, and emails.
4.3. Additional Uses of Consumer Information
Additionally, we share the information we collect from Consumers, including profile information, to connect them with Merchants and facilitate offers from and transactions with Merchants.
- How ThirtyK Shares Information It Collects From Users
5.1. Merchants and Service Providers
We share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Platform (such as which Merchants you transact with) with Merchants on our Platform. Merchants may see your profile information and receive information about your transactions with them.
We share your information with service providers that perform services on our behalf, including all of the uses described in Section 4 above.
5.2. Advertising Partners
We work with third-party advertising service providers to show their business or ads on our Platform that we think may interest you after visiting our Platform. These third-party service providers may collect non-personally identifying information from you when you visit our Platform and other online platforms. Some of our advertising service providers are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you do not wish to receive our personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads from member companies
5.3. Other Sharing
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties, if we think doing so is necessary protect the rights, property, or safety of ThirtyK, our Users, or the public;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Platform;
- To enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service;
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations;
- To provide information about the use of our Platform to Merchants or potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you;
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets, or bankruptcy; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
- Your Choices
Profile Information. You can update your profile information through your profile settings.
Location Information. You will need to allow your device to share location information with us through your device’s operating system settings. Consumer location is core to our Platform and without it, you will not be able to successfully use our Platform.
- Third-Party Links
Our Platform may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not have control over. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before giving them your information.
- Data Security
We are committed to protecting your information. Even though we take precautions to protect Users’ data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of Users’ data.
- Children’s Privacy
ThirtyK is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us via our Help Center.
- Contact Information